Maintenance Technician (South Area)
Starting Salary £27,130 progressing to £30,145 when fully competent in all areas of the role (pay award pending).
37.5 hours per week
We are a vibrant organisation with an amazing culture. We offer competitive benefits that include a generous annual leave entitlement, enhanced sick pay, employee assistance programme, private medical insurance, pension, mileage; and reward and recognition scheme.
You will also have great opportunities to grow and develop, personally and professionally, but the greatest reward will be knowing you are helping people and communities across Lincolnshire to thrive.
About the role:
Your background and experience will enable you to complete repairs on the homes in your allocated operating area, you will occasionally be required to work outside of you allocated area.
You’ll be working closely with a small team of technicians and office-based staff, with responsibility for the Association’s homes based across South Lincolnshire. You will have variety each day, building positive relationships with our residents and work in co-operation with a range of approved contractors, completing a range of repairs and maintenance activities.
Who we’re looking for:
All applications are welcomed. However, you’ll will ideally be based in the Sleaford, Boston, Grantham area.
You will be well-organised, professional, and thorough in your approach, friendly and approachable, but also caring and helpful in your approach to our vulnerable and older residents. You will be motivated and depending on your current skills, knowledge, and experience willing to undertake training within the role.
You will be computer literate, with experience of MS Office and Teams; and have the ability to learn and operate bespoke packages such as I-Auditor and Infotek.
You’ll have a full UK driving licence, a fully stocked vehicle and suite of tools will be provided to you, you will need to be able to store the vehicle off road. You will be working from a home base or Markime House, Pooles Lane, Spilsby, PE23 5EY.
LRHA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all and expects employees to share this commitment. Background checks and a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) will form a part of the selection process.
If you are successful:
You’ll be joining a highly motivated team, determined to play our part in ‘Helping to Maintain Sustainable Rural Communities’ and ‘To Provide Energy Efficient Homes for Rural People in Need’.
You can bring all your skills and experience to the role which will:
· Achieve high levels of resident satisfaction with the repairs service;
· Ensure our residents live in safe and well-maintained homes;
· Work with a range of approved contractors and have the opportunity for training and professional development; and
· You’ll look forward to coming to work and doing a job that makes a difference to our residents.
What you will get in return:
Our package currently includes:
· Competitive salaries which will reflect your skills, abilities, and experience.
· 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with a further 5 days concessionary / non occupational training days awarded at the discretion of the Chief Executive.
· Employee Assistance Scheme offering a 24/7 confidential employee benefit designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health, and general wellbeing.
· After completion of one year’s service, you will be invited to join the Association’s Medical Insurance scheme.
· Pension scheme with an 8% employer contribution.
· Enhanced sick pay policy.
· Reward and recognition scheme.
· Access to professional and personal development both in-house and via external routes.
How to Apply:
To start your LRHA journey – apply via Indeed, with your C.V and personal statement, including how your skills, competencies and experience match the role profile. You should also explain how you align with our culture and values.
Please note we may contact candidates or close the vacancy prior to the closing date.
You may also contact Andy Haime (Head of Operations) or Phil Bedford (Property Maintenance Manager) for an informal conversation regarding the role on 01790 754219.
Opening date: Monday 20 November 2023
Closing date: Friday 29 December 2023 at 5pm
Formal interviews: w/c Monday 8 January 2024 (Dates and Times TBC)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,130.00-£30,145.00 per year
In your personal statement, please include:
1) Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence (spent convictions as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 being specifically excluded)?
If YES, please provide details of the offence and dates.
2) Are you required to have a work permit?
If YES, please provide details:
3) Please provide details of any illness that has caused you to be absent from work for more than 5 consecutive days over the past 2 years.
4) Explain why you would be the best candidate for the Maintenance Technician role?
5) Can you please detail the areas of repairs and maintenance that you have experience of undertaking?
6) Any relevant training undertaken?
7) Please provide any other supporting information for your application.
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 29/12/2023