LRHA’s Resident Support Fund

If you are a resident of Lincs Rural you may be entitled to our support fund. We recognise that residents can suffer severe
hardship and have their home and family put at risk without the means to help themselves. We aim to provide a high-quality service to
residents and others and to care for the health and well-being of our residents. We recognise that in challenging fnancial times,
unexpected expenditure can tip the balance for those who are already struggling.

Please take time to read this leaflet that explains everything.

If you have any further questions, please speak to the Resident Engagement Team on 01790 754219 option 3

Resident Support Fund 

Food Banks

The services provided by food banks may vary from area to area as they react to the needs of their community to provide help and support to local people in crisis.
Food banks rely on the support of local communities to help stop UK hunger, The link below will take you to a list of food banks

Foodbanks & affordable food across Greater Lincolnshire – Greater Lincolnshire Food Partnership

Food Banks

Keeping Warm This Winter

Click here to view warm home discounts 2021-22

Top tips for keeping warm this winter

  • It is important to keep warm in winter, so heat your home to at least 18°C (65°F), if you can, you might prefer your living room to be slightly warmer
  • Wear several thin layers rather than one thick layer.
  • Draw your curtains as soon as it gets dark to stop the heat escaping and the draughts coming in.
  • Make sure you have regular hot meals that contain carbs, such as potatoes, pasta, bread and rice.
  • If you’re sitting down, a shawl or blanket will provide extra warmth.

Protect your health

There are a number of things you can do to prepare against the cold weather:

  • At the first sign of a cough or cold, get immediate advice from your pharmacist before it gets more serious
  • Speak to your pharmacist about medicines you should have in stock over winter
  • Pick up prescription medications before the Christmas holidays start as many GPs and pharmacies will close over the holidays
  • Make sure you get your  flu jab
  • If you need help over the holiday period when your GP surgery or pharmacy is closed call NHS 111 or visit

Be prepared

A list of items you should start stocking up on before the bad weather is here:

  • coffee/ tea
  • Frozen meals
  • sugar
  • toilet rolls
  • milk (dried or long-life)
  • pet food
  • bread (can be frozen)
  • torch/ batteries
  • butter/ margarine
  • bottled water
  • tins of soup, veg and fruitlight bulbs

Make sure essential medication and prescriptions are filled.

Check on your neighbours

By spending ten minutes visiting an elderly neighbour, you really could make a difference to their safety during the winter months.

Make sure they:

  • are warm enough, especially at night
  • have stocks of food and medicines so they don’t have to go out during very cold weather
  • are safe and well.

Just a few simple checks could keep them safe from fire.

  1. Offer to check your neighbour’s smoke alarm is working. Press the button and make sure the alarm sounds, it could save their life.
  2. If your neighbour smokes remind them to never smoke in bed, never smoke when tired and always make sure cigarettes are fully extinguished in a suitable ash tray.
  3. Remind your neighbour never to leave cooking unattended and make sure the cooker is turned off when they leave the house or go to bed.
  4. If your neighbour has an open fire make sure they have a fire guard. If they use a portable heater remind them not to sit too close as fabric can catch fire. Also remind them not to leave it on overnight.

If you’re worried about a relative or elderly neighbour, contact your local council or call the Age UK helpline on 0800 678 1602 (8am to 7pm every day).

If you’re concerned the person may have hypothermia, contact NHS 111.

Click here to view Citizens Advice Booklet 

Help with heating costs

You may be able to claim financial and practical help with heating your home. Grants available include the Winter Fuel Payment and the Cold Weather Payment.

For more information on how to reduce your bills and make your home more energy efficient, go to the government’s Simple Energy Advice website, or call the Simple Energy Advice helpline on 0800 444 202.

You can also find out about heating and housing benefits on GOV.UK.

It’s worth claiming all the benefits you’re entitled to as soon as winter begins.

The Big Energy Saving Network

Big Energy Saving Network.

Energy Advice Booklet – How to understand energy and save money. Read more…

Introducing WaterCare – Priority services register and extra care support. Read more…

Priority Services Register

As the colder months come upon us it is important you know how to get the most from your energy provider.

If you sign up to your supplier’s Priority Services Register (PSR), you can get extra help and support with your energy supply.

Who is eligible to join the Priority Services Register?

Anyone who is vulnerable because of age, chronic illness, disability or personal circumstances. For example, you could apply if you’re:

  • A pensioner
  • Living with children or young people under 18
  • Disabled
  • Chronically ill
  • Blind or partially sighted
  • Deaf or hearing impaired
  • Bedridden.

You could also qualify to join the PSR if your movement is restricted or you have difficulty walking – if you’re in a wheelchair, for example. You might have a long-term or serious illness, a heart condition, arthritic hands, breathing difficulties or speech problems.

You should also apply if you depend on electricity to keep any of these running in your home:

  • Kidney dialysis machine
  • Heart/lung machine
  • Ventilator
  • Nebuliser
  • Oxygen concentrator
  • Apnoea monitor
  • Bath hoist
  • Stair lift.

Can I apply on behalf of someone else?

Yes of course. If you’re a carer for, or a friend or relation of, an energy customer who you believe should be on the Priority Services Register, get in touch to let us know.

They could qualify to be on the Register if they have dementia or learning difficulties, if they’re confused, if they speak very little English (or none), or if they meet any of the criteria in the section above.

Help you can get

If you’re on the PSR, you could get:

  • free advice on being more energy-efficient
  • protection from cold callers with a password protection scheme to keep you safe
  • your meter moved free of charge if it’s hard for you to use or read the meter
  • a free quarterly meter reading if you can’t read your meter
  • bills sent to a relative, carer or friend to help you check them
  • your bills and meter readings in a braille, large print, audio tape, textphone or typetalk if you’re visually impaired
  • advance notice if your supply is going to be interrupted
  • priority reconnection if your supply is interrupted
  • alternative facilities for cooking and heating if your supply is interrupted
  • extra help to use your meter or appliances
  • annual gas safety checks

How to sign up

Contact your supplier to see if you’re eligible to sign up to the PSR. If you have different suppliers for gas and electricity, you’ll need to call them both.

You’ll need to register again if you change your energy supplier.

What do you get?

Supply Interruption Advance Warnings

Your Network Operator will get in touch if your energy supply is going to be interrupted. They’ll help you figure out what to do to stay safe.

for more information log on to

More extra help guides

Home heating support schemes and advice

Energy saving support schemes and advice

Warm Home Discount

You could get £140 off your electricity bill for winter 2020 to 2021 under the Warm Home Discount Scheme.

The money is not paid to you – it’s a one-off discount on your electricity bill, between September and March.

Water Schemes

Water schemes

Warm Home Discount Scheme

Please select the link below to read all about the warm home discount scheme:

Warm Home Discount Scheme

Smart Meters

What’s A Smart Meter When It’s At Home?

Household Support Fund 

Your local authority may be able to support with your energy issue directly through the Household Support or let you know about local services in your area that can help you.

The Household Support Fund provides funding to help people who are struggling to afford food and utility bills (heating, cooking, lighting) and water (including drinking, washing, cooking, central heating, sewerage and sanitary purposes). This support is provided directly by your local authority.

You may also be eligible for help through a number of other schemes:

  • Warm Home Discount – You could get £150 off your electricity bill for winter 2021 to 2022 under the Warm Home Discount Scheme. The money is not paid to you – it’s a one-off discount on your electricity bill, between October and March.
  • Winter Fuel Payments – If you were born on or before 25 September 1956, you could be eligible for further help with energy bills, through a winter fuel payment. To find out more you can watch this video which explains who is eligible, etc.
  • Cold Weather Payments – The cold weather payment helps people on low incomes to heat their homes when it’s particularly cold.
  • Healthy Start – If you are more than 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under four years old, you may be entitled to help to buy healthy food and milk.

Council Tax  

The government has also already given households that are on Band A – D a £150 council tax rebate.  You should have received this in April. If you haven’t got your rebate, you should contact your local council.

Finding your local authority/council 

If you are not sure who your local authority is, you can find out by typing in your postcode on the government website -



Request a call back