Mutual Exchange

What is a Mutual Exchange?

A Mutual Exchange is where you swap your home with another tenant. If you are an existing Lincs Rural tenant you can swap with another Lincs Rural tenant or a tenant of another council or a tenant of a Housing Association.

Exchanges are a good way to move without having to wait a long time on the transfer list or a waiting list with another council.

To arrange a Mutual Exchange you need to find a tenant who wants to swap with you. When you find a property that might be suitable, it is up to you to contact the tenant directly.

Think very carefully before you exchange with someone. If you do exchange, you take on all of the rights and responsibilities of the previous tenant.

Further details can be found in our Mutual Exchange Leaflet or contact our office on 01790 754219.

Request a call back